Skip to main content
  1. 1. Social care services
  2. 2. Special educational needs and disabilities
  3. 3. Free school transport

Free school transport

A council may be able to provide free school transport to a child if they live a certain distance from their school, there is no safe walking route or if they are unable to walk due to having special educational needs (SEN) or a mobility problem. See the government information about the eligibility criteria for free school transport and how to access this.

Free school transport is not classed as a public fund for immigration purposes and can be accessed by child regardless of their, or their parent's, immigration status, including a person who is subject to the ‘no recourse to public funds’ (NRPF) condition.